The Hukuru Miskiiy, also known as the Friday Mosque was built in 1656 during the reign of Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar and has samples of some of the finest work by Maldivian craftsman. The Minaret of the mosque was built in 1667 while the walls have been built with finely fluted coral blocks and carving.
Built by Sultan Shamsuddeen III for his son, just before the First World War, the Mulee-aage was used as the Presidential Palace, during the First Republic.
The architectural marvel is now a touristic location after a new palace was built as the Presidential Palace
The Presidential Palace
The Presidential Place located in Male, is one of the most important historical locations in the Maldives. The architecture and design of the building combines both Maldivian tradition and culture with modern life.
Built in 1984, the Islamic Centre’s most important and eye watering structure is the grand mosque, the Masjidul Sultan Mohammad Thakurufaanu al A’zam. The mosque holds upto 5000 people and also contains an Islamic library, conference hall and classrooms.
Sultan Park & Museum
The National Museum and the Sultan Park are both part of the old Sultan’s Palace and Palace grounds before the Monarchy fell. The Museum with displays of a large variety of objects and artifacts from the Maldivian history, was opened in 1952.
The Artificial Beach
Situated on the Eastern side of the Island, the Artificial Beach was built for swimmers and for those people who are not able to go to nearby islands. The Artificial Beach has restaurants and benches which make one enjoy the beauty of the scenery and architecture.